By: Finish Strong Endurance Teammate - Chris Dean
One of the most important things you can do as a new believer right now is establish what you believe. Your core convictions will determine your results in life.
Here are 7 beliefs from the Word of God (Bible) that if acted on by(faith) will change your future for good. Mt 7:24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." (NKJV)
1. I believe I am God’s child and He is my Father.
- 1Jo 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!
- Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
2. I believe the Holy Spirit leads me in all decisions as I yield to God my Father.
- Ro 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
- Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
- 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
3. I believe I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus no matter what life brings.
- Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
- 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
- 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
- 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
- 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
- 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- 36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
- 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
- Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
4. I believe God is the author of my promotion in every area of my life.
- De 8:18 "And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- Pr 10:22 The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
- Php 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Mt 23;12 "And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
- Ps 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
- 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
- 25 I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread.
- 26 He is ever merciful, and lends; And his descendants are blessed.
- 27 Depart from evil, and do good; And dwell forevermore.
- 28 For the LORD loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
- 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell in it forever.
- 30 The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice.
- 31 The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide.
- 32 The wicked watches the righteous, And seeks to slay him.
- 33 The LORD will not leave him in his hand, Nor condemn him when he is judged.
- 34 Wait on the LORD, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
5. I believe when I pray God answers me.
- Mr 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
- Mt 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
- Mt7: 7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
- 9 "Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
- 10 "Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
- 11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
- 14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
- 15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
- 16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
- 17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
- 18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
- 21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
6. I believe that as I meditate on Gods word, He makes my way prosperous.
- Jos 1:8 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
- 9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
- Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
- 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
- 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
- 4 The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
- 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- 6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
7. I believe nothing is impossible because I believe.
- Heb 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
- Mr 9:23 Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
- Mr 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
- 23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
- 24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
- 25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
- 26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."